Diet Plan & Health Support Consultation
This is an online, nutrition and herbal consultation for dogs who are facing health challenges. It begins with a thorough assessment of your dog via a detailed intake form, which covers veterinary, nutrition and behavioural history. The next step is a process of nutrient calculation, so all requirements relative to your dog’s body weight, age and activity level will be precisely covered- and finally, I develop the recipe/herbal recommendations and write them up for you with clear instructions as to preparation and transition. For the herbal aspect, I may need some extra information, often involving photos of your dog. I will usually require some information from your vet, such as bloodwork results, and am always happy to speak directly with him or her, via email or phone, regarding my protocol and herbal selection.
- Five hours of my time devoted to whatever is required, usually recipes and adjustment; often, but not always, herbal support as well
- A minimum of one therapeutic recipe, tailored to your dog’s nutrient requirements, as determined by the National Research Council’s Nutrient Requirements of Dogs (2006) but also geared to the specific needs of the condition(s) you are seeking help with. If your dog is able to tolerate a variety of foods, I endeavour to provide two – three recipes; this is usually possible but may not work for food intolerance and allergy, at least not in the early stages of dietary support.
- A full, personalized herbal protocol to support your dog’s general wellbeing and address health challenges as indicated
- General Dietary Guidelines containing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and pointers on everything from cooking techniques, substitutions, individual foods and their nutrient profiles, managing the dietary transition, converting commonly used measurements, food storage and safety and much more
- Follow up support up to a maximum of five hours, with affordable extensions if needed
I can formulate weekly batches for you to prepare ahead of time, or smaller recipes are available as an option for those who prefer to cook 1-2 days at a time; I use raw or cooked as each case suggests is optimal. I endeavour to use foods that are readily available and affordable for you, if possible. Once you have booked, I will issue you the Intake form, and confirm your date. My waiting list is at two weeks, now, but if a case requires more urgent attention we can discuss that as well.
For more information, to discuss anything related to this service, please don’t hesitate to contact me using the Contact form here. It’s my pleasure to help!
There is no phone consultation involved with this service, but you can purchase 30 or 60 minutes if desired… here: Phone consultation – short