On March 3, 2020 we will start this information-packed and exciting session.
Here is the 12-week Outline.
1) Introduction to cooking for dogs; pros and cons, possible pitfalls and benefits; when is it necessary/preferable to raw; introduction to nutritional science/using the NRC – common myths about home-cooked diet
2 & 3) Canine dietary requirements – how much of – everything! does your dog actually need? why a cooked diet must meet NRC standards, and how putting it together differs from raw43) Food and ingredients – nutrient and anti-nutrient content of foods, an introduction to using meat, fish, poultry, dairy, fats, grains, fruit, and vegetables, how to choose the very best from all food groups
4) Preparation and storage – both of these count greatly, and will affect the healthfulness of a cooked diet – we’ll cover cooking methods, problems with high heat and browning, how to minimize nutrient loss and some tips on making the whole thing easier
5) Supplements – the Essentials, from A to zinc – what you need to add depends on what foods your dog can tolerate – and how much! we’ll cover preferred forms and how to use them, and which ingredients/additives are to be avoided and which are not an issue for your dog
6 &7) Sample Recipe One – we will build a balanced One Day recipe
8) Sample Recipe Two – we will build a balanced Three Day recipe
9) Sample Recipe Three – we will build a balanced 7-Day recipe
10) Supplements Part Two – non-essentials (digestive support/probiotics, joint and liver support, popular herbs and fatty acids)
11) Working with Slow Cookers and InstaPots – recipes
12) Wrap Up and Review
This mini-course will cost 100$ for the twelve weeks – $50.00 for the Earlybirds (until February 1) and includes the following bonuses:
1) 15% off a proactive consultation with me for a cooked, personalized recipe or 20% off a therapeutic service
2) 50% off my eBooklet on using the NRC values for home-cooked or (non-PMR) style raw diets
3) 25% off a Q&A email session at any time during the tutorial
So, how does it work? Easy peasy- the tutorial runs out of a Facebook classroom, and consists of twelve sections, as described above,. I post my own unique materials in the Files, and will be present in the classroom twice a week for two hours each time, to discuss each topic in detail and answer questions from the group. This tutorial will provide focused information you can rely on work with and utilize. I endeavor to make it enjoyable and easy to follow at the same time it will be thorough and detailed.
There are no assignments, but plenty of exercises and weekly discussions. I will be “live” in the classroom twice a week, for discussion time but will collect and answer questions asked in between those times. There is no need at all to be online at any given time, it is great if you can be, but if you can’t you can still access the material and discussions, always.
The schedule/times I will be active in the group are as follows:
– Tuesday, 2 – 4 pm
– Thursday, 2-4
Both classes are Eastern Time, too.click here:
I look forward to this session, please send me questions at catlane@thepossiblecanine, or in the comments.
To register and get the 50% Discount, click here:https://thepossiblecanine.com/product/home-cooking-for-dogs-an-online-tutorial
I look forward to getting started!